Randomly Generated Warzone Power-Ups

Drakoriyan

Helper
Staff member
Helper
May 24, 2018
Okay, here's my idea: Throughout the Warzone, there would be randomly placed "Power-Ups". They would be similar to the items spread throughout the Warzone in SB that are part of the Beacon Quest, except instead of being used to unlock beacons, they would give players a temporary buff. There would be 3 levels of Power-Up, with each level giving the first level of a potion buff (EX: Level 1 Power-Up would give Speed I, Strength I, Jump Boost I, etc., Level 2 Power-Up would give Speed II, Strength II, Jump Boost II, etc., Level 3 Power-Up would give Speed III, Strength III, Jump Boost III, etc..).

This would add a crucial part in Warzone strategy, as people could utilize these Power-Ups to turn the tide of a fight in their favor.

To balance this, perhaps some Power-Ups would instead be Power-Downs, which would apply a debuff instead (EX: Hunger, Poison 1/2/3, Weakness 1/2/3, Slowness 1/2/3, etc.). Since, obviously, always getting a Level 3 buff, like Strength III or Speed III, would be a MASSIVE advantage for any player and may tip the scales too much in their favor.

Judge my idea fairly! :)

ComanderLytenyng

Helper
Staff member
Helper
May 24, 2018
USA
Okay, here's my idea: Throughout the Warzone, there would be randomly placed "Power-Ups". They would be similar to the items spread throughout the Warzone in SB that are part of the Beacon Quest, except instead of being used to unlock beacons, they would give players a temporary buff. There would be 3 levels of Power-Up, with each level giving the first level of a potion buff (EX: Level 1 Power-Up would give Speed I, Strength I, Jump Boost I, etc., Level 2 Power-Up would give Speed II, Strength II, Jump Boost II, etc., Level 3 Power-Up would give Speed III, Strength III, Jump Boost III, etc..).

This would add a crucial part in Warzone strategy, as people could utilize these Power-Ups to turn the tide of a fight in their favor.

To balance this, perhaps some Power-Ups would instead be Power-Downs, which would apply a debuff instead (EX: Hunger, Poison 1/2/3, Weakness 1/2/3, Slowness 1/2/3, etc.). Since, obviously, always getting a Level 3 buff, like Strength III or Speed III, would be a MASSIVE advantage for any player and may tip the scales too much in their favor.

Judge my idea fairly! :)
I like the sound of this idea too. I'm guessing they look like floating CDS?

Lightraider

Helper
Staff member
Helper
May 24, 2018
England
Do. Not. Under. Any. Circumstance. Put. A. Free. Level. 3. Item. Anywhere. In. Warzone. Ever.
Strength 3 is one of the most busted things in pvp lol. It isnt even just the kill potential, its the fact that even if they dont die, You can tear through their armour so quickly its insane. And if they have it for more than a few seconds it is game over for pretty much anyone against a semi competent pvper.

Thank you

Lightraider

Drakoriyan

Helper
Staff member
Helper
May 24, 2018
Do. Not. Under. Any. Circumstance. Put. A. Free. Level. 3. Item. Anywhere. In. Warzone. Ever.
Strength 3 is one of the most busted things in pvp lol. It isnt even just the kill potential, its the fact that even if they dont die, You can tear through their armour so quickly its insane. And if they have it for more than a few seconds it is game over for pretty much anyone against a semi competent pvper.

Thank you

Lightraider
Agreed, I was just using it as an example. Perhaps make it so Level 3 Power-Ups also come with a debuff? Like, slowness or blindness or something? I think there would still be a way to balance it out.

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB.
Please read our TOS before signing up.
SkyTropia's Default XenForo Theme.
Theme designed by Jam's Designs
© All rights reserved and belong to their rightful owners.
Maintained by skytropia 2017 - 2018.